To view the video of this recipe on our Youtube channel, click on this link: https://youtu.be/LsF3FQQoJgg
Hazelnut & chocolate ice cream rochers
These ice cream rochers are of course inspired by the famous Ferrero Rochers, but they are vegan, frozen and even better if I dare to write it! The ice cream is very simple to prepare, I didn’t need to add any sugar, it is brought by the spread and the soy milk. Then, just choose an excellent chocolate, some good hazelnuts and you have a dessert so appetizing and delicious… Do not hesitate to use this Glaçage Rocher recipe to cover cakes, cookies or other ice cream…
For about 10 Rochers:
For the Hazelnut & chocolate ice cream:
300 g of vanilla soy milk (I use an organic and lightly sweetened milk)
10 g of oatmeal
150 g of hazelnut and chocolate spread (vegan Nocciolata for example)
- Pour the milk and oatmeal into a saucepan and heat until the milk begins to simmer. Cover and turn off the heat, let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Blend the milk.
- Add the hazelnut and chocolate spread and blend again.
- Pour into the Ninja Creami pint.
- Store in the freezer for at least 24 hours.
- The next day, use the “gelato” and “respin” program if necessary.
For the Glaçage Rocher:
250 g of dark chocolate (I used Valrhona’s Tropilia chocolate couverture)
50 g of neutral oil (grapeseed, canola, sunflower…)
50 g of hazelnuts
- Roast the hazelnuts for 12 to 15 minutes in an oven at 150°C (300°F). They must be golden, but don’t burn them!
- Rub them in a clean cloth to remove as many small skins as possible.
- Chop them roughly. With a fine strainer, remove the hazelnut powder.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie.
- Add the oil in two steps.
- Incorporate the chopped hazelnuts. It’s ready!
Assembly of the Rochers:
10 whole hazelnuts
50 g of hazelnut and chocolate spread
- When the ice cream is ready, fill with ice cream a half-sphere silicone molds (4 centimeters in diameter). Equalize with an angled spatula.
- Form a small cavity in each half sphere with a small hot spoon, there must be enough room to later add a small amount of spread and 1 hazelnut.
- Return the molds to the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the molds from the freezer and place a little spread in each half sphere and then 1 hazelnut in half of the spheres.
- Unmold each half sphere and assemble the balls.
- Place a ball in the dipping spoon and then immerse it in the chocolate glaçage, remove the excess of chocolate.
- Place each rocher on a baking sheet. Return the Rochers for half an hour in the freezer before serving! Bon appétit!
Amazon Affiliate Links:
NINJA CREAMI: https://amzn.to/3OGPM3R
VITAMIX Venturist 1200 Grey: https://amzn.to/3vdyMeA
VITAMIX Hand Blender: https://amzn.to/3PJnffx
Chocolate melting pot:https://amzn.to/3BJhGYy
Semi sphere silicon mold: https://amzn.to/3UsxCqG
Chocolate dipping spoon: https://amzn.to/3C63QRC
Angled spatula: https://amzn.to/3Rau4Xp
Spring Chef Ice Cream Scoop: https://amzn.to/3A77XdO
Zeroll Gelato Spade: https://amzn.to/3PARZhQ
Valrhona Tropilia Dark Chocolate: https://amzn.to/3BIYags
Nocciolata hazelnut & cocoa spread (vegan): https://amzn.to/3R9cjHX