To view the video on YouTube, click on this link: https://youtu.be/fkvs5-lWN40
Ice cream Baklava
The most delicate pistachio ice cream sandwich I can imagine… The recipe for pistachio ice cream can be found here. Once the ice cream is made, it’s really a very easy and quick dessert to prepare… I use Kadaif, which is a variation of the filo dough in a vermicelli shape. You can find it quite easily in middle eastern grocery stores, in the frozen section.
For 5 Ice Cream Baklavas:
Ingredients for pistachio ice cream:
300 g of soy milk
55 g of sugar
10 g of oatmeal
100 g of homemade pistachio paste
A few spinach leaves (optional of course, it’s for the color!)
Ingredients for Kadaif “biscuits”:
60 g of vegan butter
120 g of Kadaif
20 g of icing sugar
50 g of pistachios
A little more icing sugar to sprinkle
1.Melt the butter.
2. Add the kadaif vermicelli, separating them with your fingers. Mix well so that the kadaif soaks the butter.
3. Add the icing sugar and mix.
4. Drop the kadaif vermicelli in some small rings of 3.15 inches of diameter.
5. Add chopped pistachios and try to trap them in the kadaif vermicellis.
6. Bake at 175°C (350°F) for 6 to 8 minutes.
7 Assemble with the pistachio ice cream and serve quickly!