With one single dough, make all the biscottis you can imagine! This recipe is so flexible… The texture is light and crunchy and they taste amazing… I am making 3 variations : pistachio & orange blossom, chocolate & coconut and finally raspberry with pine nuts… But everything starts with the same dough.
75 g vegan butter
40 g sunflower butter
150 g brown sugar
60 g water
3 g psyllium husk
35 g vegan yogurt
5 g lemon juice
4 g natural vanilla extract
250 g flour
50 g almond powder
3 g baking powder
2 g baking soda
3 g salt
Pistachio & Orange blossom Biscottis: 75 g of pistachios + 10 g of orange blossom water
Chocolate & Coconut Biscottis: 35 g of shredded coconut (unsweetened) + 75 g of dark chocolate
Raspberry & Pine Nuts Biscottis: 40 g of raspberry jam + 35 g of pine nuts
Remove the butter from the refrigerator one hour before starting the recipe so that it is soft (ointment).
- Take the butter out from the refrigerator 1 hour before starting the recipe so it is very soft.
- In a small bowl, mix the water and psyllium.
- In a large bowl, pour the butter and then add the sunflower butter. Mix well.
- Add the brown sugar and mix.
- Incorporate the vegan yogurt.
- Incorporate the psyllium gel.
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Add the salt.
- Sift the flour over the bowl together with the baking powder and baking soda.
- Form a dough and then add the additional ingredients (such as chocolate and coconut for instance).
- Form a long log and bake for 30 minutes at 175 °C (350 °F).
- Let cool completely and then cut slices 1 centimeter thick.
- Place the biscottis on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes at 130 °C (265 °F), flipping the biscottis halfway through baking.
- Store in an airtight box, away from humidity.